I know what some of you are thinking…”Spring? But it’s only February!” However, I know there are some people that like to plan ahead and get a jump-start on things so for those people I am giving you some great Spring ideas for your home. If you aren’t one of those people then just bookmark this page and come back to it in another 4-6 weeks. ;-)
When you think about Spring, what do you think of? Cool, crisp air? Beautiful colors? Birds chirping? I think of Spring as a time to take a deep breath and get focused and re-energized. To me it is a season of shedding all that we pile on during the winter. If you think about it, winter can be a season of heaviness. When we go out we pile on thick layers of clothing to stay warm. When we are hungry we crave warm comfort foods that can result in putting on a few extra pounds. Days feel shorter because there is less daylight and that leads some people to experience seasonal depression and a heaviness of the heart. Well, there is good news friends – winter will end and Spring will come and I want to help you bring all of the refreshing and charming elements of Spring inside your home. My hope is you can freshen up your space and feel a sense of peace in your home and yet also a renewed sense of energy and life that Spring brings with it!
So without further ado here are my five tips to freshening up your home:
1) Add a Spring Wreath to your front door. Whether you make it yourself or purchase one somewhere, adding a Spring wreath brings spring into your home from the moment you step in the door. It also shares a little Spring joy with your neighbors!
2) Give a room in your home new life with a fresh coat of paint. Paint is such a cheap and easy way to change and freshen the look in your home without breaking the bank.
3) Add new accent pillows to your sofa for a fresh new design. This is a quick, easy and fairly inexpensive way to make a statement in your living room. Add some accent pillows that are fresh spring colors to invigorate your living room.
4) Organize and de-clutter all of the “stuff” you’ve been collecting all winter long. People are a lot like bears and go into hybernation mode and tend to collect more in the cold winter months. Now it’s time to get rid of what you don’t need and simplify and organize the closets, cuboards, drawers and any other nooks and cranny’s around your home.
5) Update the photos in your home with new family photos. Schedule a photo shoot with your favorite photographer and get some great new family portraits done!
So there you have it - five quick and easy changes that will leave your home feeling fresh and rejuvinated. Don’t wait for Spring to get here, bring Spring to you!